Marquette took to the Bradley Center for the first game of 2010, an exhibition versus St. Johns, a D3 team out of Minnesota.
Some bullet points:
- Starters: Fulce, Butler, Otule, DJO, Buycks.
- Buycks started as PG .. Junior Cadougan was riding pine until the last few minutes of the first half.
- Jae Crowder was the first man off the bench, followed by Vander Blue.
- Crowder had a double double, 15 and 10.
- Crowder and Otule combined for 27 points. When was the last time MU's interior guys combined for 27? And 19 rebounds? (Maybe the last time we played a D3 team, yeah. Let me be excited for a few more minutes, ok?)
- Sign me up for the Jae Crowder fan club.
- The team shot poorly, in general. Jimmy Butler, 2-7, Buycks, 2-10, Vander 1-5. Jimmy went 5-10 from the charity stripe. (!!!)
- Reggie Smith .. 6th man of the game. He was in the game about 5 possessions and had 6 points, ended with 8. He lead the team with 7 assists and zero turnovers in his 14 minutes. Mind you, that was against St. John's, and not the Big East St. John's.
- Jamail Jones 8 points, 2 boards in 7 minutes. There's a lot to like in those numbers.
- When Frozena was in the game, we outscored St. John's 10-2. He's a difference maker, baby.
- Junior Cadougan? 11 minutes, 5 points, 1 assist. Really.
- Erik Williams? 8 minutes, 0 points, 1 rebound. Really.