Marquette takes on the St. John's Red Storm tonight in Queens....tipoff is 6:30pm Marquette Standard Time. A few media links for tonight's game:
- The NY Daily News looks at star-crossed St. John's senior Anthony Mason, Jr. heading into Senior Night.
- The Quad over at the New York Times offers a series of previews on college hoops action tonight -- and smartly call out Jimmy Butler's year-to-year improvement. Jimmy Butler, your 2010 BIG EAST Most Improved Player.
- Here's the official MU preview including game notes.
- Johnny Jungle looks at the Surging Storm but predicts a 67-61 MU victory.
- Rosiak blogs about the game and takes up the topic of Bigs with Buzz.
- Rosiak stays on that topic in his print preview pointing out that "MU ranks 15th of 16 teams in the Big East in rebounding margin, being out-boarded by an average of 4.0 per outing." Of course, despite those predictable rebounding issues MU leads the Big East in scoring defense. An odd mix, to be sure.
- By the way, Lazar Hayward leads the Big East in steals. Yes, MU's power forward leads the league in steals.
- One more stat of note ... Maurice Acker leads the Big East in assist/turnover ratio with an eye-popping 5.1/1. The next closest is Jordan Theodore at 2.6/1. Incredible.
- Oh, and the moderators at MUScoop have plenty riding on tonight's outcome.
........and since MU is heading to Queens here's a classic