One of the greatest weeks for any alum (at least one who is a basketball fanatic) happens when your team reaches the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament. The Warriors had been away from this limelight for far too long. With MU back in the mix the program as well as the university are garnering more than their share of attention. Let's just hope the Warriors handle the spotlight with a minimum of distractions, as Alan pointed out yesterday.
To die hard fans many of the storylines are tired or at least familiar, but to the casual college basketball fan, this week offers a week of glowing coverage and attention to the program and the institution. We'll have more substantive coverage coming leading up to the game, but in the meantime enjoy a sampling of the high-profile coverage of Marquette hoops.
- Good morning Oliver Purnell! Enjoy this fawning article about our Marquette Warriors from this morning's Chicago Tribune.
- DJO earns the spotlight in his home state of North Carolina.
- Badger Andy Katz looks at the Warriors and their toughness.
- Mike DeCourcy of The Sporting News looks at how MU stacked up just enough wins to off-set the 14 losses.
- The Greensboro paper doesn't think MU is a pushover. Gee, thanks.
- The whining in Syracuse continues.
- The AP talks about MU's heavily weighted JUCO roster.
- Buzz was on PTI yesterday -- get the download here.
- Junior Cadougan gets love from the Canadian press -- and his mother.
- Buzz thinks transition D is the key.
- It is a couple days old, but Gary Parrish of CBS Sports talks up the Warriors.