Here's what folks all around the country are saying about the upcoming Marquette-Kentucky matchup:
- IWB's SportsBubbler site has video of the TC press conference from yesterday.
- The latest installment of the BIG EAST CAST is up and ready for your ears.
- In case you didn't stay up late, here is Todd Rosiak's chat transcript from last night.
- Rosiak looks into how and when the Wildcats hit their stride this season after a rough start.
- Rosiak's weekly Golden Eagles capsule.
- The Chicago Tribune, Marquette's hometown paper in March, says Dominic James is ready to flip the switch ..... to 'ON' we hope.
- The ChiTrib again talks about the matchup on Thursday --one that Crean thinks he's seen before - "They are very similar to Pittsburgh," Crean said. "They have outstanding guard play [and] forwards who can make plays."
- The Louisville Courier-Journal notes that Thursday's game is all about the guards. Gillispie noted MU's overall speed as a concern,
"I think it's a very, very scary matchup for anyone that plays them because they have a really good team, and they're really, really fast at every single position, I believe," Gillispie said. "The most important thing is, they're extremely well-coached, and they play extremely hard every single time they play."
- The AP takes a UK perspective on the Wildcats' "scary" matchup on Thursday.
- The smarter reporter at the Appleton Post-Crescent takes MU as the Dairyland State's most likely to advance in their clever 'point-counterpoint. feature.
- Kentucky.com educates their readers on all things Marquette.
- John Clay looks at how the Cats have dealt with the different styles of play from opponents this season.
- BTW, here's a fun thread at the UK Rivals site -- 'what was your first memory of Marquette basketball"
- Basketball Prospectus breaks down the South and West Regions. Marquette is given an 80% chance of winning their first game and a 1% chance of winning the National Championship. Fun breakdown of all the teams to read, and some nice coverage of MU. "So you're telling me there's a chance..."
- The Sports Gal (espn.com) predicts Marquette to lose to Memphis in the Elite Eight. This comes after our defeat of Kentucky and Cornell. Wait! what? Not much respect for Stanford from the Sports Gal...
Much more to come today and tomorrow as gametime approaches.