Here's hoping the Cracked Sidewalks readership has a subdued, manageable work week -- after all, there's an NCAA tournament to prepare for.
Here are this morning's key media updates -- pls note that MU beat reporter Todd Rosiak will host a chat at 8pm CST on Tuesday live from Anaheim.
- Tipoff is scheduled for 1:30pm CDT on Thursday afternoon.
- Rosiak has tidbits from Selection Sunday, including details on Buzz Williams' past experience as an assistant with UK head coach Billy Gillispie.
- The Sporting News has a preview capsule for this opening round matchup. TSN figures this game is all about the guards, "The fun part will be watching four seasoned, upperclass guards go at it. Bradley and McNeal are two of the best in the nation. In what promises to be a defensive taffy pull out top, it'll almost surely come down to whether James or Crawford or someone unusual goes on a binge."
- The AP looks at UK earning a bid in Gillispie's first season at the helm in Lexington - on the heels of 11 wins in their last 13 games.
- In a dueling AP entry, Chris Jenkins looks at MU's reaction to the bid -- including relief at being healthy in March.
- Kentucky.com notes that UK fans 'drool' for a shot at revenge with MU. Drool, that sounds about right. HAHAHAHAHAHA
- The News-Enterprise looks at the matchup, where UK is looking forward to a 'fresh start' in the post season.
- Columnist John Clay calls KU's return to the NCAA tourney 'Hollywood Material'...as if the previous 16 consecutive appearances -- which included a handful of national titles -weren't noteworthy.
- Clay also has a blog to check out.
- Rosiak on MU v UK ..... with roles reversed from the 2003 scenario -- and now it is time for the program to take the next step. Amen to that.
- The Chicago Tribune's capsules of the South Region
- The Chicago Tribune's preview of the South Region. Marquette is both struggling and a potential Cinderella.
- ESPN (video link) breaks down the South Region.
- Here's an official bracket from the NCAA
- Over at MUScoop, poster MUDish has a great breakdown of UK and MU
In case you are interested, here's the complete line-up of games in Anaheim on Thursday, all times PDT:
No. 6 Marquette vs. No. 11 Kentucky - 11:30 a.m
No. 3 Stanford vs. No. 14 Cornell - 25 minutes following
No. 8 Brigham Young vs. No. 9 Texas A&M - 4:25 p.m.
No. 1 UCLA vs. No. 16 Mississippi Valley State - 25 minutes following
Much more to come all week long..........