After a one week hiatus I jumped back into the CBS Blog Poll hoping to make a splash -- and I did, being named the Coulter/Kos Award winner (read: I'm a biased homer). Here's the full poll results and analysis.
More on the Coulter/Kos Award after a look at my weekly ballot (which was posted late in deference to Steve's essay).
- MU at #8 based on the Warriors' strong road record, 12-2 overall in BE.
- Xavier is out of the top 25 for now -- the Flyers look like the class of the A-10.
- Trent Johnson at LSU is giving Buzz Williams a run for his money for the title of "winningest new coach" this season
- I still think Purdue will out-perform their ranking in March.
- Illinois sucks and will never be ranked again (by me) this season. 33 points at home?
- Mizzou wins 10 of 11 -- I can't ignore them anymore.
- Still have doubts about Memphis -- CUSA is horrible.
"You can't fault Marquette blog Cracked Sidewalks too much for voting their beloved Golden Eagles eighth , not when several other bloggers had them just as high or higher and MU is--after all--23-4 overall, 12-2 in the Big East, and coming off of an impressive road win over a truly desperate Georgetown squad. Nonetheless, eighth is enough to hand Cracked Sidewalks this week's CK Award, and fair or not it probably wasn't the best week to tempt karma: Marquette has a home date with UConn and a trip to Louisville on tap between now and next week's poll."