CBS Sports was kind enough to invite Cracked Sidewalks to participate in its first-ever College Basketball BlogPoll. I was supposed to post my ballot here on CS a few days ago, but life got in the way. Anyway, the results from 47 participating bloggers have been calculated and the first edition of the poll has been released. Marquette landed up #10 in the first ballot (formatting is messy there, but I'm sure it'll be tweaked over time).
Apparently I am somewhat of a homer since my ballot was flagged in the top five for the Coulter/Kos Award, which goes to the blogger with the highest bias rating. So be it.
My first ballot is listed below.
A few notes:
- Sure, Dayton in the top 25 after a loss last week is a stretch -- but they do have a nifty win over an upper division BIG EAST program.
- Duke should have been 0-2 last week, and I voted them as such.
- Purdue is likely better than their ranking.
- Memphis is playing great......oh so quietly.
- I have too many Pac-10 teams in this ballot.