News and notes on the Marquette hoops program:
- Jeff Goodman from Fox continues his bullish tone for the Warriors noting that "The senior guards at Marquette have really bought in to their new coach, Buzz Williams."
- Todd Rosiak spoke with Brett Roseboro's high school coach and filed a lengthy blog that contains just about everything you need to know about MU's latest commit.
- According to the Big East Basketball Report, Marquette is the leader for Shane Southwell, a 6'5" guard from New York City. Southwell, a 2010 prospect, who visited MU for Marquette Madness last weekend, is hoping to field an offer from Memphis -- so don't hold your breath on this one just yet. More on Southwell here.
- Adam Zagoria reports that former SHU commit Jamel Jackson, currently enrolled at Technical Career Institutes in Manhattan, is considering Marquette. Jackson is a 6'3" guard.
- Tony Bishop at the Bleacher Report projects a 7th place finish in the BIG EAST for MU based on coaching turnover.
- CuteSports gets you updated on a handful of items as well --most of which you should already know.
- For all of you Milwaukee locals, don't forget that on Friday night the men’s basketball team will host the Blue & Gold Fund Fish Fry/Haunted Hoops at the Alumni Memorial Union and Al McGuire Center. For details, visit GoMarquette.com.
- By the way, tickets for the DePaul game at Marquette's second home arena in Rosemont, Illinois, go on sale this week. Let's gobble them up, MU fans.