As we continue through cupcake season, here are the Top Five Numbers to Know for IPFW
One - Number of times a team has gotten to 40% Offensive Rebounding % against IPFW
- IPFW has opponents average 30% on OR% defense (this is #63 out of all D1 schools)
- IPFW's OR% Defense was even better before Michigan State got 44%
- Marquette is averaging over 40% on OR% for the season
- This is the key matchup of the game - look for us to exploit !
- Teams are averaging 54.0% against IPFW
- Marquette is ranked top 10% for eFG% offense at 55.8%
- Wisconsin (54), Valparaiso (65), Nebraska (71), Michigan State (15)
28 - This is the amount of points that IPFW lost by to Wisconsin
- If we don't defeat IPFW by the same margin (or better), it means we aren't as good as Wisconsin. No, wait. No, it doesn't. ha!
- They just played in East Lansing, where they gave MSU a good game, but still lost 79 - 57
They key matchup to look for against IUPU Fort Wayne is how Marquette does on the Offensive Rebounds. Defensive Rebounding seems to be a particular strength for IUPUFW. We should look out for threes from this team, but other than that, expect us to win handily.
Rosiak's Recap of Sac State has some info on IPFW
IPFW Game Notes