Quick Hits Preview on some numbers and Links at the bottom.
Top Five Numbers to Know about Sacramento State
- 100% - Pomeroy forecasts a 100% likelihood of a win against this #302 rated team.
- 35 - This is Sacramento State's ranking at Forcing Turnovers. It is the one thing that they do very well.
- From Pomeroy, they have forced above average Turnovers / Possession in all of their games but one
- Since MU takes care of the ball very well, this is the interesting matchup of the game
- 60% - The average Field Goal % that an opponent gets against Sacramento State
- Their rating is one of the lowest in Division 1 (338)
- This is one of Marquette's Pomeroy strengths (ranking 31), so expect us to pad the average a bit
- 341 - Sacramento State's rating for Offensive Rebounding defense
- I honestly didn't even know that there were 341 Division 1 schools.
- Marquette is great nationally at Offensive Rebounding % (ranking of 21), so look for us to hit the offensive boards hard.
- 4 - The number of RPI Top 100 schools that Sacramento State has already played.
- Don't expect Sacramento State to be intimidated by Marquette, as they've already played Kansas State (82), Pacific (95), Stanford (53), and Oregon (24).
Rosiak's blog with a nice entry