The Marquette Golden Eagles invade South Bend tomorrow hoping to spoil the Irish's perfect record at home this season. Notre Dame's 17-0 record at home speaks for itself. Nevertheless, Marquette has been one of the nation's best road/neutral teams this season with seven wins away from home. Still, Marquette has not won a road game since its miraculous finish at USF last month and flies into South Bend with three losses in its last four games.
Marquette (22-7, 9-5) and the Irish (21-6, 9-5) are battling for a coveted first-round bye in the upcoming Big East Tournament. The winner of Saturday's game will have the inside track on that slot. FWIW, in addition to their gaudy 17-0 record the Irish will have extra incentive on Saturday as they celebrate Senior Night by honoring Colin Falls and Russell Carter.
The game will be broadcast on ABC beginning at 2:30pm CST.
Throughout the day we'll expand on this post and provide links to other previews. Here's the rundown:
- Todd Rosiak blogs on Mike Brey's commentary from the ND coach's media call yesterday.
- Eric Silver looks at the Irish in-depth.
- Scout.com recaps TC's presser on the ND game.
- Michael Hunt of the MJS' offers a column today that hits the spot: despite MU's youthful roster, expectations are high for this bunch as we move into March.
- Here is the MUScoop header for tomorrow's tilt.